The Next Step For Your Leadership
What is Compass Advance?
- A three day high touch leadership program exclusively for women who have completed the Compass Flagship course or its equivalent
- The next step in advancing your leadership and building on the knowledge and insight gained in the Compass Flagship course
- Set against the backdrop of the stunning Hunter Valley in NSW you will have 3 days and 2 nights (with an optional third night for free) premium glamping or cabin accommodation, outdoor hot tubs, sauna, gym facilities, swimming pool, piping hot showers, nourishing food, fine local wine and an opportunity to disconnect from the day to day and connect back to yourself, nature & a group of exceptional women
Who will benefit?
- Women who are ready to step up and be a change makers
- Those that see a change is needed but are having difficulty orchestrating it
- People who are considering major life changes e.g. job transition, promotion or a personal life change
- Women who are not seeing a clear path through organisational challenges
- Women looking for a network of brilliant women leaders to support one another in achieving their goals
What will you learn?
- What helps and hinders us as women, particularly in a VUCA (volatile, uncertain, complex, ambiguous) world
- What the predictors of future resilience are
- How to balance technical, cognitive and emotional skills
- How to navigate the often intimidating topic of influence, the learnings of the Diamond Power Index (DPI) diagnostic into understanding influence strategies
- And lastly, explore how your power and influence links to LSI, and learn how to use power constructively and influence effectively
The Compass Advance Experience
Director, Arthur Rylah Institute for Environmental Research, DELWP
“I entered the program to reinforce my understanding of leadership principles and practice. I was looking to build a strong, relevant, aligned network to help me remind myself of my priorities. I felt the need for a circuit breaker in my busy work life and felt the pull of the need for inclusive, collaborative, legacy-minded leadership now more than ever.
I am enough (and can be more). I loved being in nature a lot, and glamping. The food was incredibly good. Thank you. The program has reinforced for me the quote I already come back to often – “if not us, who? If not now, when?”
Senior Project Manager, Department of Justice
“Compass provided me the motivation to understand myself better so that I can grow to be the leader that I think I can be. Fabian guides you through the 3 days in a way which results in an outcome you don’t expect. I’ve found me, I’ve found my people and the outdoor location allowed me to completely forget about work and the demands of the day-to-day.”
Principal of Karensa Menzies/ Sectoral Strategy Lead of Food Agility CRC
“I entered the Compass Advance program looking for an empowering alumni network, clarity in where I need to focus, and the next steps to take to take my leadership to the next level.
The Advance program provided all that alongside new tools and knowledge to further my leadership potential. It was brilliant, insightful, empowering, and I know I have made such a powerful and enabling connection not only within me, but also with this group of inspiring women. Our collective leadership, companionship, collaboration will be an enduring journey no doubt.”
A Results Driven Program
New tools to progress my leadership
Leadership skills are strengthened
Greater clarity on direction
Apply learnings to organisational context
Recommend program to others
What could a supportive network do for you?
Compass Advance at its best is a mechanism for enabling projects to get off the ground, especially in the face of resistant people or challenging environments. Long after the program ends the support from the network is instrumental in providing a sounding board for major life decisions.
Read how the power of a supportive network formed out of Compass Advance had the power to change the career trajectory of one participant.
What does care for 'self' look like at Compass Advance?
Caring for self at Compass Advance means intellectually rich conversations with a supportive group of women, nourishing food, stunning natural locations, a comfortable place to rest your body and mind and stepping away from the busyness of the day to day.
Compass Advance Blog
Never underestimate, nor shy away from, the impact of a network
One of the core intentions of Compass is to build a network of women, and that’s more complex than people assume. There’s a stereotype that women easily form connections, like some kind of ‘coven’ driven instinct that draws us together to scheme and plot and gossip.
Compass Advance Q&A with Karensa Menzies
Compass Advance is back for the second time in November 2022 so we sat down with Karensa Menzies (co-founder and director of Brolga Co), a Compass Advance graduate from the May program to find out more about her experience.
The art of self-awareness and a house full of infinite rooms
Self-awareness is a life-long commitment comprised of hard work and consistent effort. But the benefits are monumental, startling even. You discover your brain, who you are, your heart and how you feel, together lead you into a house with almost infinite rooms.
Understanding crucial conversations: what they are and how to handle them
We all have had conversations that felt like they were not going anywhere, conversations where emotions were running high and disagreements seemed unresolvable. Those are called crucial conversations, and they are a crucial part of human interaction.